This field is required.
Only these extensions are allowed(.jpg, .JPG, .jpeg, .JPEG, .gif, .GIF, .png, .PNG)
Tags cannot contain the characters ' /, \\, #, ?, or ; >,< '
Only these extensions are allowed(.zip,.ZIP,.pdf,.PDF,.qvf,.QVF,.qvw,.QVW)
Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
I've heard a couple times this term - Self-aware QVDs - and I am curious what it actually means. I heard this from folks who actually built data warehouse and data marts using QVDs.
Can someone shed some light on this term? My suspicion that this is just a fancy word that entails:
1) ensuring primary unique key for every QVD which is used to join to other QVDs
2) safe naming convention for column names to minimize issues with synthetic keys / accidental concatenation
3) dates compatibility with a shared master calendar QVD
is there anything else?
Interesting,let see some one will give answer here!
I reckon it's their own personal jargon. I've never heard anyone mention self-aware qvd's before.
thing is I've heard this from 3 people at least working for different companies some were presenters on a Qlik conference and a conversation with another guy was very brief - Unfortunately i do not have their contact information to ask.
check out this link
some company has launched this as kind of modeling approach
!) Create id unique column (number) on every qvd file.
2) use unique names to avoid synthetic keys. QUALIFY is a solution......
3) Create a unique QVD calendar.
One of the column should be forced to date format.
SELECT.... date#( date , 'YYYY-MM-DD')
date is the date field on format 'YYYY-MM-DD'