Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mihaicoroi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Send data to a web-service\API

Dear Community,

i'm trying to understand if i can find a feasible solution on below scenario:

- we have a Qlikview dashboard where a user can apply some filters or select a row from a straight table\ table box

- based on this selection - referring to a single row of data - the user should be able to push a button\text box which will trigger a specific data set (list of fields and values) to be sent to an API\web services exposed by an external application\system.

- important to mention, the solution should be working for a published dashboard on a Qlik Server\ prod env.

Do you know\ have implemented a solution for this type of scenario?

Thank you!

Regards,

Mihai

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeW
Creator
Creator

I have done something like this for the ajax client. You can have the data in a separate table and then convert it to json and send it to your web service.  It's mostly just javascript coding. Your external API service needs to accept POST from your qlikview server origin if it's on a different server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would check the following area of the Help Documentation to see if anything there may be a point in the right direction, definitely going to be tricky, thinking a Document Extension may be the one to look into in your case, but I am not sure.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Content/QV_HelpSites/Home-developer.htm

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
MikeW
Creator
Creator

I have done something like this for the ajax client. You can have the data in a separate table and then convert it to json and send it to your web service.  It's mostly just javascript coding. Your external API service needs to accept POST from your qlikview server origin if it's on a different server.