cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Send to Excel exporting numbers as text

Hi, Since an upgrade to 12.5 sending a table or chart  to Excel is exporting numbers as text. This happens regardless of Setting.ini in the server being ExcelExportMixedAsText=0 or the Desktop App Egg setting. It doesn't matter how the data is loaded or displayed. The only thing that works is setting the Number tab setting to make the value a number or a Money value.  I have fields that display different numbers in different number formats using the num() function depending on a user selection eg a chart might have a single field display qty  to value or gp% depending on a button  (avoids multiple reports that display conditionally). Question is why doesn't the ExcelExportMixedAsText option work ? and any other suggestions would be welcome, thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Unfortunately it was intentionally changed, see:

Customizable Format Options for Excel Exports - Qlik Community - 1787889

- Marcus

sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Marcus, I have been advised by a Qlik Partner that this issue may be resolved in 12.4 SR4. I'll let know when I have tested it. 

sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Upgrade to 12.5 SR4 does not resolve the issue in either QV Desktop or QV Server. 

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @sangland2 

There have been different product defects related to Excel export issues, some of them remained in 12.5 SR4 and will be included in 12.60.

I would suggest to create a case to look into the issue to make sure the fix will work for you.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm