Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangland2
Partner
Partner

Send to Excel exporting numbers as text

Hi, Since an upgrade to 12.5 sending a table or chart  to Excel is exporting numbers as text. This happens regardless of Setting.ini in the server being ExcelExportMixedAsText=0 or the Desktop App Egg setting. It doesn't matter how the data is loaded or displayed. The only thing that works is setting the Number tab setting to make the value a number or a Money value.  I have fields that display different numbers in different number formats using the num() function depending on a user selection eg a chart might have a single field display qty  to value or gp% depending on a button  (avoids multiple reports that display conditionally). Question is why doesn't the ExcelExportMixedAsText option work ? and any other suggestions would be welcome, thanks. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

4 Replies
marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

sangland2
Partner
Partner
Author

Thanks Marcus, I have been advised by a Qlik Partner that this issue may be resolved in 12.4 SR4. I'll let know when I have tested it. 

sangland2
Partner
Partner
Author

Upgrade to 12.5 SR4 does not resolve the issue in either QV Desktop or QV Server. 

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @sangland2 

There have been different product defects related to Excel export issues, some of them remained in 12.5 SR4 and will be included in 12.60.

I would suggest to create a case to look into the issue to make sure the fix will work for you.

Kind Regards.

Note: if this suggestion helps to resolve the issue or answers your question, it will be appreciated if you select the "Accept as Solution" option.
We encourage you to visit our Knowledge Base https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CoveoSearch when trying to find a solution related and not limited to: errors, feature requests, product defects. You can also visit our Qlik Help portal https://help.qlik.com/