Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Seperating a month dimension that accepts 2 fields by those fields

Hey Everyone,

So I have a data set of IT tickets that has one column labeled OpenDate and one labeled CloseDate.  I want to create a bar chart that has two dimensions a bottom level of month and then for each month 2 columns one that shows how many tickets were opened and how many were closed.  I think I am on the right track with my month dimension its a huge nested if statement that accepts both the OpenDate and the CloseDate, it look something like this:

IF(Month(CloseDate)=1, 'January',IF(Month(OpenDate)=1, January, IF(Month(CloseDate)=2, 'February'...

And so on for all of the months.

My problem then arises with the next dimension.  I can create a comparison of the amount of tickets closed vs left open is I use the created field below

IF(Month(ClosedDate), 'Closed', 'Still Open')

However what I would really like are 2 total counts one of the total number of tickets closed and one of the total opened for that month.  So far I have been unable to add a third dimension so it seems as though what ever must be done must be done in this created dimension.  However, I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See my suggestion in this discussion: One table, Two Date Fields

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have a look at the IntervalMatch() function.

This blog IntervalMatch by Henric is good.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See my suggestion in this discussion: One table, Two Date Fields

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert you are some kind of wizard.