Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthan
Partner - Contributor III

Server Alerts are not working

Hi community,

Server alerts on this Qlikview server worked a few months ago and are not working now.  All I see in QEMC under System -> Setup -> Qlikview Servers (highlight server) -> Alerts subtab is a simple method to add email addresses.  I confirmed this isn't working by making a reload fail on purpose and there was no alert to the specified email address.  Can anyone suggest a few things to try to figure out why this isn't working anymore?  Not sure where to start.

Thanks!

2 Replies
scotthan
Author

I got some additional info from the log:

(2012-09-24 19:38:02) Information: Sending Alert Mail to 2 recipients.

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error: Exception=System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [IP Address removed!]

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error:    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

scotthan
Author

I got some additional info from the log:

(2012-09-24 19:38:02) Information: Sending Alert Mail to 2 recipients.

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error: Exception=System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond [IP Address removed!]

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error:    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error:    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

(2012-09-24 19:38:23) Error:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---