Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Server Location Basic Question

May be a silly question, but need clarity on this.

We store the include files, images, themes etc in server hard disk (in Test or Production).

How a developer using Qlikview desktop can access server files or images from the server while developing an application?

What is the standard procedure on this?

Thanks,

Karthick S

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Pavan.

Could you please explain the Key Exchange Setup in detail.

I am interested in knowing how we change the server name (from dev to prod). Does Qlikview Admin have any tool  to do that or do they manually edit the server name?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rob.I am not exposed to Admin side.So, I am interested in knowing how we change the server name (from dev to prod) in the Script editor. Does Qlikview Admin use any tool to do that or do they manually edit the server name in Prod?

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Karthick,

I'm helping u below with an example:

Let's suppose you have one dedicated machine for QlikView , Say "XYZ" as below blue marked

From below example , I'm having qvdev (Development) and qvprod (Production) folders :

Inside qvdev and qvprod Folders: Below is the example of Sub-folders (Application folders like Finance,Operations ,HR,ISC...etc)  , which you should maintain in side these Dev and Pro folders

Note : Would be great if we are having same sub-folders name and structure inside qvdev and qvprod.

In above screenshot you can see a folder named "Include" , which is having all connection strings

So based on Test or Production connection string , you can name ur .txt file

For example : In my case D29_100.txt is having connection string for Test and in KTX_100.txt for Production

How this works???

Suppose being a developer , I have created an application inside qvdev -> Operations Folder  and using D29_100.txt

for connecting with the database.

Link:

Now if I want to shift this application to "Production" , I need to manually  change my include statement as below:

I have given u just one example according to ur situation , but there in no hard and fast rule to follow such folder strucrure.

Even you can have 2 different machines for Dev and Prod , but u and ur team has to create such an setup , which is clear to ur Deb and Prod team and easy to use.

Hope this will help u!

Thanks,

AS

Digvijay_Singh

You can have same name same folder qvs file having connection string. the dev connection string will point to dev path and prod connection string will point to prod path. No script changes would be required.

Chk page 6 in the attachment -

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for clearly explaining