Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Server Logs

we are trying to find where we can find the reload schedules on the sever like a log an idea where i can find this info

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanx Guys i have managed to get the xml files in the locataion

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\TaskResults

and for every app that is scheduled there will be an xml file

thank you once more

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the QMC -> 'Status Tab' -> 'Tasks' -> choose the task -> 'Show Task Details'(right top of the page) -> Log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Renato

thanx for your reply but i wanted the log files i found them in this location

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The complete reload logs are in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanx Rob,

i feel so honored you responded to my query i follow your blog

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you want to find the task definitions themselves, you can try the file DocumentTask.xml in directory C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\. That's the directory where the original Publisher database resides, assuming that your publisher definitions haven't been migrated to a real database.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanx Guys i have managed to get the xml files in the locataion

and for every app that is scheduled there will be an xml file

thank you once more

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ah, just some additional info: those are not the schedules but the execution "status" files. Meaning that for every scheduled app there will be as many files (possibly more than one) as there have been executions (including reloads that are ongoing). And AFAIK the contents of the files that correspond to ongoing reloads may change during the execution.

If I'm not mistaken, those files contain the details that you can view in QMC->Status->Tasks->select task->Task History->select an instance. At least those that aren't older than about 30 days, although the direcotyr itself may contain millions of files.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter

thanx for the info well said

we dont have a publisher server and for the App i am creating i wanted the info contained in the xml files

also just a question do these xml get updated or created even for manual reloads of Apps or its only for the reloads that occur on the Task Manager on the server

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I apologize for posting a few details that were entirely wrong. I was talking about the EDXResults folder which contains a separate file for each successive execution. Taskresults indeed contains a single file for each scheduled task.

And yes, a manual reload started using the QMC play button will update the corresponding xml file, and the Task History list as well.