Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

Server and Extension

hi all,

I cant seem to get my server to pick up my extension objects. firstly i put them in the right location as instructed by other posts (C:\Users\samuel.brierley\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects).

that didnt seem to work so then i put them elsewhere and used the alternate path box in the QMC.

that didnt work either?

FYI.

I have windows server 2012 R2

My QMC says extensions are enabled

any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

My suggested path and your path are quite the same then: \\YourServer\D = C:\ with the difference of writing it as unc-path and using D:\ as drive instead of C:\. But I'm not sure if the folder Extensions and the further sub-folders like Document or Objects are existing as default. Try to create these folders, copy your extension there and again I'm not sure but I believe you must restart the server-services.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you need to use this path:

\\YourServer\D\QlikView_Server\ProgramData\QlikViewServer\Extensions

Alternatively you could specify a different path within the qmc/system/setup/QlikView Server/Folders on the bottom.

- Marcus

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus,

that above path doesn't exist although i do have the one below.

Originally there wasn't an extension folder in here so i created one. that didn't work.

finally, I've tried the alternate location within the qmc, that didn't work either.

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

marcus_sommer

My suggested path and your path are quite the same then: \\YourServer\D = C:\ with the difference of writing it as unc-path and using D:\ as drive instead of C:\. But I'm not sure if the folder Extensions and the further sub-folders like Document or Objects are existing as default. Try to create these folders, copy your extension there and again I'm not sure but I believe you must restart the server-services.

- Marcus

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks Sommer,

i'd created the extensions folder but not the objects subfolder.

thanks for the help