Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manpri7078
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis Previous Months Data on the basis of Current Selected Month

Dear All,

I am just a novice user of Qlikview. I am attaching both sample excel file and sample qlikview document for my query.

My Query : I have the data as given in the Excel file.

Now I want to make a bar chart showing production for the currently selected month as well as say three or four previous months. Suppose currently selected month is May so I want data for Apr which falls in the same year which is selected. Now I want for say Mar which falls in previous year since my financial year starts from Apr every year. Data for Apr is no issue.

But I want dynamic set analysis expressions for previous months data falling in financial year which is not selected one. I would also like to avoid creating variables to store month names or previous years. I just want the data on the basis of currently selected month and year.

I have one period as Mon-Y which is in the format of DD-MM-YYYY in addition to Month name as May. so both Month and Mon-Y can be used in set analysis expressions. The Chart which I am making is there in the sheet.

Any guidance from you all will be of great help to me.

Regards,

Manish Prasad

11 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Then you might want these posts to mark as "Helpful" ?

manpri7078
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Tresesco

I want to create an input box with drop down values picking from a field list. The creation of list box is no problem but I want to create an input box for the same. The reason being I don't want to select that field because then whole Qlikview document will show objects with reference to that field.

I want to use that input box selection as a variable in some expressions independent of other objects anywhere else in the document and be restricted to that expression only.

The field is of month name (Mon-Y) as per my previous example shared here and I want to select the desired month name from drop down values in an input box. The predefined values should show values from that field and show only those values which fall within [Mon-Y]={">$(=Num(Addmonths(Max([Mon-Y]),-vInputRolling))) <=$(=Max([Mon-Y])

as per the answered query form you before. For example if I select May in the financial year 2018 and number of rolling periods is 10 the the input box should show all values from Aug 2016 to May 2017.

Hope I am clear in my query.