cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II

Set Analysis Query with attached qvw / qvd files

Friends, pls. find attached qvw/qvd files as required by most of you.

Problem here is

whereneve is give query

=Sum({<[Fiscal Year]= {$(vcurrentyear)}, FinanceRelease = {'$(VselectDate)'}>} [Capex Item Gross Value])
it works fine, but when i use Less than Sign ( < )  it dosn't work.

e.g.

=Sum({<[Fiscal Year]= {$(vcurrentyear)}, FinanceRelease = {'<=$(VselectDate)'}>} [Capex Item Gross Value])
or

=Sum({<[Fiscal Year]= {$(vcurrentyear)}, FinanceRelease = {"<=$(VselectDate)"}>} [Capex Item Gross Value])
it dosen't work pls. helpl.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at attached application.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your FinaceRelease is a text, hence the issue. Convert this into proper date in the script using date#() like:

Load

Date#(FinaceRelease, 'DD-MM-YYYY') as FinaceRelease

Then it should work.

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

You can try:

=Sum({$<[[Fiscal Year]]={'$(vcurrentyear)'},FinanceRelease={"<=$(VselectDate)"}>}[[Capex Item Gross Value]])

or

=Sum({<[[Fiscal Year]]={'$(vcurrentyear)'},FinanceRelease={"<=$(VselectDate)"}>}[[Capex Item Gross Value]])

you may use the below tools also:

QlikView-SetAnalysis_Wizard_and_Generator.aspx

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Look at attached application.

Regards

ASHFAQ

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just for an example i have created the qvd using xls file, where as real qvd is created using oracle table (SAP) and in it Finance Release is  already of Date Type

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Reduce and scramble the data and post a sample. Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and D... | Qlik Community

rahulhv1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Ashfaq, I did a mistake , and it was that i had defined the variable with type date i.e. DD-MM-YYYY where as it should be of Mixed Number format. and it solved the problem. Thanks again