Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis: ignore selection for a function

Hello everybody,

I want to display in my chart only the value for Company Name = A disregarding selection. It should be always A - as Overview

I have two colums. For the first it works, for the second it doesn't.

My expression column1:

sum({<NAME={'A'}>} VALUE)  (that works!)

My expression column 2 - doesn't work:

=sum({<NAME={'A'}>} $(v_gross_expenditure))

where v_gross_expenditure is defined in script with:

set v_gross_expenditure = 'SUM(GROSS_REGION)/SUM(COMPANY_REGION)'; 

Thanks a lot!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunatly that doesn't help.

But now I got the solution by myself:

Sum({<NAME={'A'}>}GROSS_REGION)/SUM({<NAME={'A'}>}COMPANY_REGION)

Does anybody know a better solution with using the function v_gross_expenditure, perhaps experts like stalwar1‌?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You created without equal sign in script? May be this

SUM({<NAME={'A'}>}AGGR( $(=v_gross_expenditure), GROSS_REGION,YEAR))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Unfortunatly that doesn't help.

But now I got the solution by myself:

Sum({<NAME={'A'}>}GROSS_REGION)/SUM({<NAME={'A'}>}COMPANY_REGION)

Does anybody know a better solution with using the function v_gross_expenditure, perhaps experts like stalwar1‌?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No, this is actually the correct way of doing it. The variable can take parameters, but after all, you are using two different expressions which need to have their own set analysis each, one for GROSS_REGION and the other for COMPANY_REGION.

Maybe you could take a look at alternate states:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Alternate%20States.htm

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can close your response as correct answer. And, this we forget to filter in script

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful