Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis - market share

Hi, I am trying to do my first set-analysis calculation. The Help file makes this look fairly straight forward, but does not seem to work for me.

I have 3 fields in the same table: "Sales", "Product" and "Market". I need to take the sum(Sales) of the current product selection, and divide by the sum(Sales) for the associated market. The market will comprise all products in the same table that are associated with the market.

Thanks in advance for your help, I think once I understand the syntax of the set analysis calculation I will be on my way.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Are Product and Market dimensions in your chart? You said there would be a Product selection, so only one Product will be selected at a time?

Selections are implied by default in Set Analysis. From what you describe, I don't know if you need Set Analysis.

In order to get overall Sales for a specific Market, you may need to use the TOTAL modifier:

Sum(TOTAL <Market> Sales)

That expression will give you the Sales for any Product in the Market of that record. Each time the Market appears in the chart it will have the same value.

I'm not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for. Could you provide some sample data, so we can get a better idea of what your data set looks like?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are Product and Market dimensions in your chart? You said there would be a Product selection, so only one Product will be selected at a time?

Selections are implied by default in Set Analysis. From what you describe, I don't know if you need Set Analysis.

In order to get overall Sales for a specific Market, you may need to use the TOTAL modifier:

Sum(TOTAL <Market> Sales)

That expression will give you the Sales for any Product in the Market of that record. Each time the Market appears in the chart it will have the same value.

I'm not sure if that is exactly what you are looking for. Could you provide some sample data, so we can get a better idea of what your data set looks like?

Not applicable
Author

It works, thank you for your help!

Not applicable
Author

Hello Neil,

I have been trying the same expression but doesnt work. Please suggest: http://community.qlik.com/message/700251#700251