Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis problem within Line Graph, doesn't ignore selections?!?

Evening everyone, hope you're well.

Quick one I hope, still being relatively new to qlikview developing.

I've created a set analysis, basically showing the sum of hours... over the last 12 months (This is shown at the bottom of my attached file).

I then put this code into a line graph and as you can see, this nicely shows the figures per month for that time range.

However, if i was to click on one of the "Period_Number"... the line graph changes upon that selection.

Even though i've put some code into the line graph, saying ignore "Period_Number" selection.

Any ideas, where i'm being silly here?

Time is much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Use this as your expression:

=Sum({Practice<[Period_Sort]={">=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort]-1)-11)<=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort])-1)"}>} Hours)

and this as your sort order:

=Avg({Practice}Period_Sort)

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

The issue is that somehow you won't be able to control the dimension from reducing after selection. You can use the alternate state concept in this case. Give it a try and see if this solves your purpose.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Use this as your expression:

=Sum({Practice<[Period_Sort]={">=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort]-1)-11)<=$(=max({$}[Period_Sort])-1)"}>} Hours)

and this as your sort order:

=Avg({Practice}Period_Sort)

HTH

Best,

Sunny

marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

The expression you sent me, works an absolute treat in that example... can i ask what is meant by the "Practice" piece within the code?

sunny_talwar

Practice is one of the alternate state which you had already created in your application. I just made use of it.

Best,

Sunny

marcus_steggall
Creator
Creator
Author

ahhh yes of course Adding alternate states to the actual expression.

Appreciate your help again, most helpful.