Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis with variables

Hi all,

I am trying to change a set analysis to read from a variable instead of a static value. The issue is the Dashboard contains only formulas related to dates. When the data source fails to update thus the data is from more than 1 week back, my Dashboard becomes blank.

set EngCurrentWeek = Sum({<[# of Weeks from Current Week] ={'-1'}>}[EngagementsTW#])

SET EngPreviousWeek = Sum({<[# of Weeks from Current Week] ={'-2'}>}[EngagementsTW#])

TO:

//Find Max Date on QVD

Set vMaxWeek = week($(vMaxDate));

Set vCurrentWeek = Week(Today());

Set i = $(vCurrentWeek) - $(vMaxWeek);

set EngCurrentWeek = Sum({<[# of Weeks from Current Week] ={'-($(i))'}>}[EngagementsTW#])

SET EngPreviousWeek = Sum({<[# of Weeks from Current Week] ={'-($(i)-1)'}>}[EngagementsTW#])

The new formulas with the variables are not working. How can the set analysis use the variables? Is this a formatting issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gmoraleswit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try using 'let' instead of 'set' to define your variables:

Let vMaxWeek = week($(vMaxDate));

Let vCurrentWeek = Week(Today());

Let i = $(vCurrentWeek) - $(vMaxWeek);

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gmoraleswit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try using 'let' instead of 'set' to define your variables:

Let vMaxWeek = week($(vMaxDate));

Let vCurrentWeek = Week(Today());

Let i = $(vCurrentWeek) - $(vMaxWeek);

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Also try using variable in the set analysis like this:

Sum({<[# of Weeks from Current Week] ={'-($(=$(i)))'}>}[EngagementsTW#])

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

"SET" works when we need constant values (we can say hard code) and "LET" is used to define variable values from a formula, LET can use funtions like today(), week(), Peek() ... just change SET by LET (as Gabriela said) and you can see funtions week() turns blue and variables $() turns gray.

Best regards.