Did you mean: 
Zaga_69
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis

Hi everyone!

I’m using the following formula to calculate YTD and Previous YTD:

YTD

Sum({1 <DateKey={"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(DateKey)), 'YYYYMMDD') & '<=' & Date(Today(),'YYYYMMDD')"}>} [Product_Sales])

Previous YTD

Sum({1 <DateKey={"$(='>=' & Date(YearStart(Max(DateKey)), 'YYYYMMDD') & '<=' & Date(Today(),'YYYYMMDD')"}>} [Product_Sales])

The formulas above work, however it calculates the YTD and Previous YTD from a month perspective. I would like for example to calculate YTD from a day perspective (i.e. sales between 20180101 & 20181221)

I tried to replace the second part of the formula using:

date(today(),'YYYYMMDD')

however, it did not work.

YTD

Finally DateKey was created as follows:

date(Date#("0PSTNG_DATE",'YYYYMMDD'),'YYYYMMDD') AS DateKey,

Any idea will be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Edi

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If there is no concern from date field. You can try
Sum({1 <DateKey={">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max(DateKey)), 'YYYYMMDD')<=$(=Date(Today(),'YYYYMMDD'))"}>} [Product_Sales])
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Zaga_69
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, but unfortunately it did not work 😕

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please share sample data set or application. Can you check this in text object and tell us what it returns
Date(YearStart(Max(DateKey)), 'YYYYMMDD')
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

@Zaga_69 wrote:

The formulas above work, however it calculates the YTD and Previous YTD from a month perspective. I would like for example to calculate YTD from a day perspective (i.e. sales between 20180101 & 20181221)

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean when you say that the YTD and Previous YTD from a month perspective? Can you explain this with an example?

Zaga_69
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

This formula

Date(YearStart(Max(DateKey)), 'YYYYMMDD')

brings the following result:

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this, make sure you are not looking the result after selection because you are ignoring all selections here. Check validation of expression as well

Sum({1 <DateKey={">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max(DateKey)), 'YYYYMMDD')<=$(=Date(Max(DateKey),'YYYYMMDD'))"}>} [Product_Sales])
Zaga_69
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi 

Month perspective:

when using the formulas posted previously, they calculates for example YTD 2017  (i.e. Previous YTD)  taking into account the whole December. I would like to be able to compare the same period,  for example:

YTD (20180101 & 20181221)

Previous YTD (20170101 & 20171221)

Instead of that the formula calculates for the Previous Year:

Previous YTD (20170101 & 20171231)

And it is because of this part: Date(addyears(Max(DateKey),-1), 'YYYYMMDD') which brings 20171231...

I tried to replace it by date(addyears(date(today(),'YYYYMMDD'),-1),'YYYYMMDD'),  however it did not work

sunny_talwar

So when you use this in a text box object...

=date(addyears(date(today(),'YYYYMMDD'),-1),'YYYYMMDD')

you don't see this?

image.png

Can you show us the screenshot of what you see when you use the above in a text box object?

Zaga_69
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi

It brings the right date:

dateexample.PNG