Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Set Variable action not working as expected

Wondering if anybody has experience the following before as I haven't.

I have a text box with the following actions with the default of vCustPremium set to "0".

1. Clear Customer field

2. Set Customers field: Premium Greater than 1000

3. Set Variable vCustPremium to:  If(GetSelectedCount(Customers)=0,1,0)

My problem is that the first time I click on the text box even though after the 2nd action there are no fields with Premium greater than 1000, it still keeps vCustPremium = 0. However when I click it a second time it correctly sets the vCustPremium = 1.

Why do I have to click the button twice to get the variable to set to 1?

Thanks in advance,

Zag

15 Replies
PabloOrtiz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, please attach an .qvw example.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Zagzebski,

Yes. I too faced the issue once and that happened randomly. I am too curious to know the reason ans solution. If you have example, please post here. It would be helpful to confirm whether this is bug or not.

sunny_talwar

It might be easier to see the issue with a sample. Can either of you post a document which shows the issue?

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Sunny,

Sorry, I am not supposed to post my application here also the file size is nearly 5 GB. Maybe we can check with  zagzebski‌.

sunny_talwar

I was talking about a sample. A new application with just the variables

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Well, I am too lazy for my own job. I will try to create a sample one.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

This happened to me long back and it did happened randomly.  if I remember well what I did was I cleared the field twice and then set the field value...  I think that fixed the issue. I will see if I can trace that code.....

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Sunny, I have tried the same procedure mentioned above in a sample application. But it's working fine in version 12. I have this issue in one of my app and the QV Version was 11.20 SR 9. Lets wait for OP's reply.

sunny_talwar

Sounds good