Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator

Set analysis problem

Hi All

My  one of the text box is written the below Set expression and I am getting hard time to understand it.

How is this  pulling data from data model?.

What are the importance of these given fields ?

Are they excluded or included in a selection ?

Can anyone please explain this here because whatever my understating is I am not able analyze or debug this code to get the exact data what is doing automatically . Or someone could guild or explain how to debug or analyze data in qlikview data model ..I find it very hard.

=num((Count({<Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month, Weekday>}[Sales)])) / 30,'#,##0')

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

All the fields within set analysis is saying is that ignore any selections in the Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month and WeekDay field. So, basically if you make any selection in Date, the result of your expression won't change.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

All the fields within set analysis is saying is that ignore any selections in the Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month and WeekDay field. So, basically if you make any selection in Date, the result of your expression won't change.

kennethmash
Contributor III
Contributor III

It's basically saying

1) ignore any selections for the fields Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month, Weekday

2) count the number of Sales values

3) divide that count by 30

4) format the result of 3) into a number with the format '#,##0'

vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny .. I just played around with that and got it meaning..

Below expression is also doing the same thing what earlier one was doing ...This is also ignoring fields

Hierarchy, [Application Family], Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month, Weekday and only retrieving records

where Status is 'Open'. Am I correct here ?

=num(Avg({<Hierarchy, [Application Family], Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month, Weekday, [Status]={'Open'}>}[OpenDays]),'#,##0.0') & ' Days'

sunny_talwar

Yup you are absolutely right....

vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator
Author

How this is calculating data

=num(avg({<Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month, Weekday, [Simplified Status]={'Open'}>}if([Days Open] < Fractile({<Date, Year, Week, MonthYear, Quarter, Month, Weekday, [Simplified Status]={'Open'}>}TOTAL [Days Open], .9), [Days Open])), '##.## Days')