Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set background color for multiple fields at once

Is it possible to change the background color of multiple fields at once automatically?
I've got the table below and would like to color all the columns like the 10:00-column. Does one have to do that manually for each field?

ReportsOverTimeScSh.PNG

6 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

did  u try  custom format cell?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

chk dis...>

view tab ,,> select design grid -->select table----?rightclik--->custom format cell

lik belowcus.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I tried that, but apparently the whole column get's colored, and not just the cells with value 1. I'm still be interested in that approach though.

I managed it through the 'Visual Cues'-Tab for now, where I specified the bgColor for values >=1 as blue, and those <=0 as white:

qlikviewImageColors.PNG

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

Open the table properties and go to the expressions tab.  Select the expression and click in the plus "+" sign.  Highlight "background color" and in the definition enter the condition for the color  for example:

=if("your condition here" > 0, Green(), White())1.png

Regards,

Carlos

Not applicable
Author

Hey Carlos,

thanks for your reply.

But the question at hand was if it was possible to change the background of cells with value 1 for multiple columns at once.

My current problem is a table generated by a generic load and therefore potentially with a lot of dimensions. Right now it's 'only' 24 columns, but with a growing number of columns it would be time-consuming to set the background manually.

clondono
Creator III
Creator III

what kind of chart are you using? can you post a sample qvw file?