Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting a trigger on straight table expression columns

Hi Guys,

I have requirement in one of my qlikview report.

I will have a straight table something like as shown below

Untitled.jpg

My requirement is that when the user clicks on the table cells where % values(100%,25%..) are shown, another straight table should pops up.

In other words I would like another straight table chart to be displayed upon clicking in the table cells (% values)

I cannot set a trigger on straight table. Is there any way I Can set a trigger here?

I thought of placing an invisible text box over the table columns. But that wouldn’t help me as the number of rows in the straight table won’t be fixed. It would be growing.

Anybody worked on such requirements?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveena

4 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi just a thought

when a user clicks on a cell of expression he is selecting the values in the dimensions in the same row

so if you can have another table , that have conditional show that says getselectedcount(Dimension Field)=1

so only if there is on value in the dimension field the table will show

hope it helps you

Not applicable
Author

You can set a trigger for 'Onselectfield' for 'Attribute'(in your case) as 'Activate Sheet'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Liron,

Thanks for the reply.I tried this

Since the entire row gets selected when the user clicks on a table cell, I cannot add a particular condition in the conditional show.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveena

Not applicable
Author

Hi Liron,

Thanks for the reply.I tried this

Since the entire row gets selected when the user clicks on a table cell, I cannot add a particular condition in the conditional show.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveena