Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenT2
Contributor
Contributor

Setting default date range for Date Picker for sheet

Hello everyone, 

I have been searching around but could not find a solution for it; 

Is there a way that we can set the default range for date picker (under QS Dashboard bundle) to last 14 /30 days for my QS app ? 
I have tried to use the bookmarks function but the selected range cannot be updated on a rolling-basis. 

It would be nice if someone can provide a solution here. 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

There's no such thing as a default for date picker - selections are made on a field, not on an object, and they're made per application, not per sheet.

For the entire application, a default bookmark should be fine to use here. See e.g.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Analytics/Dynamic-default-bookmarks/td-p/1805017

KenT2
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for confirming 🙂
It is interesting that the original thread raiser was also mentioning data picker and apparently at this moment user can only choose between data picker or 'date field'. 

Or
MVP
MVP

Yes - date handling is unfortunately not Qlik's best feature.

Like I said, though, a bookmark with a dynamic range should work fine for setting a default at the app level. This does work, unless the field is marked "Only one selected value" - I use it extensively and it can be used to select a range without issues.