Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several pai charts with same size

Hi!

I have a dashboard showing  5 pai charts.  The 5 charts are almost identical and have 3 slices .  The only difference is that they show the result for 5 different regions.  I want these 5 pai charts to have exactly the same size in the dashboard.

My problem is that I am not able to get the same size of all 5 charts.  Even if I copy one of them, when I change the name of the region in the expression, the chart changes size.  It doesn't look nice in the dashboard to have different sizes.

I have tried using ctrl/shift, but with no success.

I would appreciate very much to get some help with this problem.  I have been thinking of changing the chart type to a bar chart, but my managers wants a pai chart 😉

Best regards

Torunn

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid the pie chart is rather limited. Well, I'm not really a fan of pie charts anyway unless they're edible . Read this article for the reasons. Perhaps you can use bar charts or mecko charts. See this example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you go into the Chart Properties under the Layout tab you can find the CheckBox for "Size to Data".

Please uncheck that check box.

Please let me know if there is anything .

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Could be because of the labels or chart title in the chart or the legend. You could try disabling those and use text boxes for the chart title and maybe an external legend (a straight chart formatted to look like a legend).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Yusuf and Gysbert!

Thank you both for your fast reply! 

I first tested unchecking "Size to Data", but that didn't help.

Then I disabled the legend and labels.  That seems to solve the problem, but I would like to have labels showing the numbers.  I see that the chart with less digits in the labels become larger.  I suppose the size of the labels use some of the chart size (in a way).Pai-chart.PNG

Do you have any suggestions for showing labels in another way?

Best regards

Torunn

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid the pie chart is rather limited. Well, I'm not really a fan of pie charts anyway unless they're edible . Read this article for the reasons. Perhaps you can use bar charts or mecko charts. See this example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert!

That's OK!  I will probably try to convince my manager that a bar chart is a better solution.  I shall take a look at your examples.

Thank's for your help!

Best regards

Torunn