Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet design question

Hello.
I have a question.
There are a few straight tables on a sheet and an ListBox.
Data in the tables change depending on the selected ListBox parameter .

The size of tables changed also, scroll bar appears.

I wish that all tables are automatically expanded in height, as well as the following table was placed directly under the previous, so that they never overlapped.
Is it possible here to do something? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You can always try the option of sizing to data. go to the properties of the table you want to remain the same size and look for size to data and uncheck it. now you can adjust the size however you want and no matter what you select, it will stay the same size.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try to do this

Place the tables on the sheet as you wish so they don't overlap

and set Layout -> Adjust Object Maximum Size to Current Size

I think it's the best way.

Regards,

Andris

Not applicable
Author

No it's not suitable

The data in the tables imports from SQL Server and maybe tomorrow the number of rows in tables will be different.

And if the number of rows increases then the vertical scroll bar will appear again cause the data will not fit the previously fixed size.

Not applicable
Author

Well, then the only thing You can do is to write a macro

On selection in List Box it changes the position for tables depending of previous table size

Regards,

Andris

Not applicable
Author

Could you advise me where I can read about the functions that change the size and layout of tables and could be used in macro?

Not applicable
Author

In folder where You install QV is Documentation folder with

APIguide.qvw and QlikView Automation Reference.pdf

Andris

Not applicable
Author

Hi

You can always try the option of sizing to data. go to the properties of the table you want to remain the same size and look for size to data and uncheck it. now you can adjust the size however you want and no matter what you select, it will stay the same size.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this.

It doesn't look good but work.

I try it.

Not applicable
Author

Glad I could help