Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Should i be using Set Analysis for this situation?

HI

I have a list of companies and each company has a few fields that define its profile. I want to be able to select a company and then allow the user to select another company for comparison based on a similar profile .

so if CompanyA is selected I get a list of similar companies based on the criteria

i.e.: number of employess of base company =number of employess +- 10%  on in compared

Any suggestions ???

Regards

Meir

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can use Set Analysis + Alternate State to get desired result.

Let us have your sample data file so that we can help you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response.. My data is in Hebrew so its a bit of a challenge to send you a sample at present.

But if you can show me the general idea as I described above i'll be able to extract from it.

Thanks

Meir

Colin-Albert

Have a look at the Sales Overlap sheet in the What's New in QlikView 11  example document.

This shows how alternate states can be used to have different selections on the product sub group field.

overlap.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Colin ,

This doesn't seem to  give me what I'm looking for.

I don't need any sum or calculation. there will be a chart for BaseGroup and a separate one for Group1 as alternates states that's fine.

But I want group1 to be limited to showing only those companies that are similar in profile based on defined criteria

basically a select statement similar to "select companyName from Companies where  NofEmp > base_company.NofEmp*.9 and  NofEmp<base_company.NofEmp * 1.10

Regards

Meir