Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II

Show Beginning of Month as x axis in chart

I have a chart that has date on the x-axis and counts on te y axis. This chart is 12 month rolling so it always has 365 dates. The chart is too large to show all 365 dates, so I just want to show the beginning of each month on the x axis but each day needs to have a data point on the chart. Anty assistance would be appreciated. Thank you

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Use MonthStart(Date) as Dimension

Hope it helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That does not work correctly because it only shows the data points for that day of the month, so everything looks like a straight line. I want the beginning of each month as the label, but that data needs to show by day. So my data will almost look like an EKG rather than a straight line.

MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you say in detail..Expected output?

Are you asking like drilldown? month and date as dimension?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable

Please attach your sample application. We will try to help you out!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think you will need to switch the Dimension Axis to continuous (check box in the Properties | Axes dialog), and then you can control the scale settings. The problem with using the first of the month is that you can only set a static step here which wont step 28 days for Feb-Mar and 31 days for Mar-Apr.

But if you are always displaying 365 days' data, you may be able to choose an interval of, say 29. This will generate 12 values (13 intervals). FInally format the axis to MMM-YY format (or something like that - without the day part). That will result in 12 intervals Jan-12, Feb-12 etc.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein