Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Objects ONLY if Specific Chart Visible

I have a line chart in a container object.  The user would like to be able to select any one (or more) of the five different lines in the chart.  What I would like to do is to only show the options for showing/hiding those line items when the chart is visible.  However, I am not sure how to tell if the chart is the one that is visible within the container.  The container object cannot be minimized so there will always be something visible but it is a question of which object is visible.

Can someone point me to how I can determine if my chart is visible?

For what its worth, the container object has three charts and one table box in it.  The line options only apply to a single chart.

Thanks.

Mark.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

I had a similar requirement whereby I needed to dynamically show/hide list boxes based on the chart being viewed.

To the best of my knowledge Containers will not return the active chart so I implemented a workaround using buttons and conditional display whereby I removed the container and had the buttons set a variable.  The variable was then linked to the conditional property of each chart and filter and would show/hide the object as necessary.

Overall it works quite well even in a browser.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Rod

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rod.  That is an approach I hadn't thought about.  Perhaps I'll go that route.

Much appreciated.

Mark.