Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Pivottable only if one customer is selected

Hi,

I want to see all transactions done by a customer. So I want to select a customer ID in a list and then show in a pivottable all tranactions grouped by date, country... and then show the sales values... when a customer is selected it works fine... But as soon as there is no customer selected, Qlikview runs out of memory, because it tries to group the entire data according to date, country... without restriction (selection) on customer ID.

Is there a way to show the pivottable only in case one customer is selected, because i don't want to put the customerID in the pivottable, but leave it in a seperate Listbox...

Thanks in advance...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If I understood correctly your issue, you can do this both ways. First is that the chart is not displayed until one customer ID is selected. The other leaves blank the chart unless you have one customer ID selected. To do so, go to Properties of the chart, General, Calculation Condition, and set something similar to

GetSelectedCount(CustomerID) = 1
Then, you can customize the message to be displayed in that chart when blank in the "Error Messages" button.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If I understood correctly your issue, you can do this both ways. First is that the chart is not displayed until one customer ID is selected. The other leaves blank the chart unless you have one customer ID selected. To do so, go to Properties of the chart, General, Calculation Condition, and set something similar to

GetSelectedCount(CustomerID) = 1
Then, you can customize the message to be displayed in that chart when blank in the "Error Messages" button.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi whiterabbit,

You can do in this method also, make a custom message (General -->Error Message-->custom error message). With calculation condition.

I hope it may help you.

Regards,

Ravi...

Not applicable
Author

That was exactly what I was searching for... Works perfect. Thanks