Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show Values for Total and for Selection

I hope someone can provde some guidance. I am develping an application in whihc the user can select a branch (or more) and a series of comm,on charts are creted. This is pretty standard stuff and typicl in qview. In addition the charts have a dimension of type of customers and we show the measures for each type) - attaching  sample chart

The client also wants me to show the same measures for the entire set of customers - not only those that have to do with that branch - so in my chart I would likely show values on the axis (and no bars) for all the customers (these are in fact what thebars would show if I had not selected any branch)

The question is that I do not seem to know if I can calculate the figures for all the data records overriding the selection, and how to do it

the percentages shown are calculated using sum(hh) / sum(total<hh> hh) (HH is a dummy variable that has 1 for every row), thereare likely other ways but this is the one I used this time

the 2 dimensions I show are defined as follows, the distance to branch is a set of nested if statements that convert a continuous variable to the ranges I show, the type of customer is data I load, each HH on the main table i slinked to one or more rowsa that shows the branches it touches with how they touch it

that table looks like

HHID     Branch    Type

xxxxx    00017      001

(I also have a aux table that converts vlue slike 001, 010, etcd to the names you see)

so when I select a branch in a selction box it take sonly those HHs that touch that branch and

Thanks

3 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

Just two words can help you: set analysis (look at help).

For example to calculate the sum discarding all selctions you could use Sum({1} Value).

Not applicable
Author

will look into that. Much appreciated

Not applicable
Author

will look into that. Much appreciated