cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Show all labels on the X-axis

I have a line chart which has a dimension with about 200 values. I'd like to see the labels for all 200 shown on the axis, but it looks like it's limiting the number of labels at about 100. I don't have the Max Values Shown box checked. Any idea how I can get it to show all the labels?

9 Replies
Nicole-Smith

If there's not enough room, it won't show them all.  You need to either make the chart larger, or enable x axis scrollbar so a smaller number of them are shown at a time:

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I tried making it bigger. I just end up with blank space on each side of the chart (after the labels on the Y axis there's a large space, then the line begins). I don't want a scroll bar because I need to print this off, and the scroll bar cuts off a lot of the chart.

Nicole-Smith

You can make the size of the actual chart larger by holding CTRL+Shift and moving the red lines that appear.

Nicole-Smith

To create more room, you can also try to make the text on the axis smaller as well as using vertical labels:

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I already tried that. The blank space is within the red lines, and the lines already go all the way to the edge of the graph. Stretching them further only makes the blank space bigger.

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I'm already doing vertical labels. I tried shrinking the font size. It made the text smaller, but didn't add in more labels.

Nicole-Smith

I'm not sure what you mean.  Can you post an example or a screenshot?

Nicole-Smith

200 values is a lot.  It may be impossible to get them all to display on a single screen as the chart may need to be huge in order to display them all.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Some things you can try:

Make the chart wider.

Set the axis font to a smaller size.

Change the orientation on the Style tab.

Final suggestion: post the offending document or an example that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand