Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show data Proportions with Block chart

Hi I'm new to QlikView, I have this problem and would appreciate some help.

• I have a list of assets.
  • Assets are either Held or not Held.
  • If they are held, the can also be collaterally held or not collaterally held
  • If the are not held, they can have been held at some point or never held.

I have been trying to represent the above with a block chart. I have a field for Is_held, is_collaterally_held, and date_last_held. I know if an asset has never been held because date_last_held will be null. So far i have managed to get the data in two separate Box charts:

I basically want to combine these so the left of the first chart becomes the left of the second, or the right of the second chart becomes the right of the first.

Thanks very much.

Message was edited by: Owain curnell. Added in second chart

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

ASSET     IS_HELD     IS_COLLATERALLY_HELD     DATE_LAST_HELD

A              Yes            Yes                                         04/08/15

B              Yes            No                                           03/08/15

C              No              No                                           04/08/15   

D              No              No                                           NULL

This is the table i have. I am trying to reprisent the proportion of assets held to the asstets not held. Of the assets that are held i want to reprisent the proportion that are collaterally held and not collaterally held. Of the assets that are not held i want to reprisent the proporiton that have been held before (there is a DATE_LAST_HELD) to assets that have never been held (DATE_LAST_HELD is NULL).

Assets that are collaterally held will also be held. assets with  DATE_LAST_HELD = NULL will not be held or collaterally held.

My idea was to reprisent this with a block chart. split left and right into assets held and not held. then split held into collaterally held and not collaterally held. then split not held into held at some point and never held.

For the example above the chart would be split evenly into quarters.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post a qlikview document that demonstrates the problem?

It seems your answer is No. That also means I cannot help you. Good luck.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I want help creating a chart to represent the data I have described. I don't understand what extra information you are looking for. There is nothing useful in the qlikview document. I connot post the actual data.