Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show hide after selecting a measure

Hi Guys, I have a requirement as below, Can you please help me how to achieve this

I will have a table(Straight Table with 5 measures and 5 dimensions), I have a hierarchy fields Region,Director,opsmanager,supervisor, Now at opening the dashboard I should not have any dimensions displayed, The user will select Region value and according to the selected value Directors of the region needed to be displayed and then user will select Director value then opsmanager under that director needed to be displayed in place of director column. the selections will be made until last value of hierarchy, The question here is how can show only one column according to the selection. I have attached excel with dummy data and output required, Can somebody look into it please? I am on PE so can't open your application, Can you explain me or any screenshots will be really helpful.

Thanks a lot

3 Replies
jerryyang756
Creator
Creator

I have taken only four dimension in a Straight Table and Added a Expression as =1 . Hide this expression from Straight Table Presentation tab.

Capture3.PNG

Now go to dimension tab and add the If condition in enabled condition section for each of the dimention as given below

Capture4.PNG

Region: if(SubStringCount(GetCurrentSelections(),'Region'),0,1)

Regional Operator : if(SubStringCount(GetCurrentSelections(),'[Regional Operator]'),0,1)

Ops Manager : if(SubStringCount(GetCurrentSelections(),'Ops Manager'),0,1)

Engineer Name: if(SubStringCount(GetCurrentSelections(),'Engineer Name'),0,1)

Value : if(SubStringCount(GetCurrentSelections(),'Engineer Name'),1,0)

Also Now Go to Presentation Tab add Condition for Each columns as Given Below

Region: Show Column

Regional Operator : if(GetFieldSelections(Region)>0,1,0)

Ops Manager : if(GetFieldSelections([Regional Director])>0,1,0)

Engineer Name: if(GetFieldSelections([Ops Manager])>0,1,0)

Value : Show Column

=1 : Hide Column

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pritam,

Thanks for the effort, It is only showing only column at a time which as required, but the problem is it is not totaling the value, for example if I select region it's associated regionaldirectors are coming up but due to already there are columns opsmanager,contractmanager so onn.....it is showing each individual value instead of group by regional director at that selection, Please see the attached what I have done for your understanding, How can we achieve this? thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Anybody can help please?