Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show/hide objects based on selecting one (any) value in listbox and on clicking a text field

Hello eveyrone,

Being a self-taught QV user, I'm a bit struggling with some points in my new project. I've looked through numerous questions here but nothing really fits my needs.

Here's the issue. I have a tab with data on pupils in a school. This is further split into 'Group 1' and 'Group 2' = two buttons - text fields - at the top. When either of these buttons is clicked, it selects appropriate 'Year Groups' in the 'Other filters' list box.

This has been ok so far. The problem start now.

-- When only one 'Year Group' is selected, I want two other buttons/text fields to appear: 'Averages' and 'Individual pupils'. 'Averages' is the default view, 'Individual pupils' shows line for each student in a chart (that's why it can only be shown at lower level, due to too many students at the higher levels).

Additionally, when 'Individual pupils' text field is clicked, not only the charts change into different view (that works fine) but also another list box titled 'Pupil' appears.

When 'Averages' are clicked, the 'Pupil' listbox disappears.

When more than one 'Year Groups' are selected or buttons 'Group 1' or 'Group 2' or 'Clear' are clicked, the 'Averages' and 'Individual pupils' text fields disapper.  

I'm attaching a workbook with just a sample of the whole document - it's a draft template and all the data is made up.

I'd greatly appreciate any help or link to useful information!

Thanks so much in advance!

Marketa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Marketa ,

Please find the attached document . Hope that helps .

Regards,

Karthick V.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Marketa ,

Please find the attached document . Hope that helps .

Regards,

Karthick V.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karthick,

Thanks so much for such a quick answer! I knew there must have been a simple solution, but I'm just not used to working with new variables and such things, well, I should get used to it.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Marketa

karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Welcome Marketa , 

Yes with practice you'll find it very easy and variables play a big role in Qlikview . So start practicing variables .

Best wishes,

Karthick V .