Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show non-selected dimensions in a table - dimensions are calculated

Is it possible to use calculated dimensions and have them  be displayed in a similar way to ordinary dimensions as in the link provided Question - How to show all dimensions.... I'm thinking the answer is no after some experimentation but would be delighted if it was yes.

The calculated dimension in the table with column Products - Top 5 should stay displayed no matter selections to product (=Aggr(If(Rank(Sum(Sales))<=5,Only(Product)), Product) to calculate dimension initially).

I've updated the file provided in the linked question above and added my failed example (Copy of Main tab sheet).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Disregard the first application as there was a slight change to the application. PFA

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am not entirely sure of the end goal, but take a look, this might be what you are looking for. PFA

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Disregard the first application as there was a slight change to the application. PFA

Not applicable
Author

Thanks sunny,

I'm hoping that if I click on the dimension Product or calculated dimension Products - Top 5 option (say Kiwi) then the Table on the right (with the Products - Top 5 column) still displays all options in a similar fashion to the table on the left.

sunny_talwar

Check out the second qvw file I have attached, I think its doing exactly that.

Not applicable
Author

That looks perfect Sunny, thanks for that. I was missing was the {1} From Only({1}Product)) .

Ultimately going to be used in a chart with colour changes.

Thanks again,

Colin

sunny_talwar

Awesome! I am glad it worked.

Best,

Sunny