cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show secondary axe in line chart

Hi,

I made a chart with two y Axes 'cause I have two different range of values in Expressions, but I'm not able to show the secondary axe in the chart: the primary il visible on the right of the chart, but the secondary doesn't appear.

Can anyone teach me where is the option to set it?

I attach ex example to clearify what I'd like to raise.

Thank you.

N.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

use this inline table in the script

CostType:

Load * inline [

_Cost Type, _Cost Type Flag

Energy, 1

Employee, 2

Shipping, 3

];

Create a variable

vCostType= pick([_Cost Type Flag], 'Energy','Employee', Shipping')

use this expression with in ur first expression of the chart and delete the other two

Sum({<CostType={=$(=$(vCostType))}>},Value)

Make a list box for the column :

[_Cost Type]

Make any selection in this box to see changes in your chart and enable 'Always one selected value' .

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Nick,

1. To show the secondary axes, in chart properties> axes with in expressions sections select your second expressions and uncheck 'Hide Axes'.

2. It is not a good practice to show both the axes if the Unit of Measure is same.

3. In the attachment example I observed two dimensions, are you talking about two dimesnions?? I dont understand what your chart says.

However, to view the secondary axes, follow step 1.

hope this helps...

sushil353
Master II
Master II

hi,

Goto Axes tab and there click on your expression and set the position of values using Position either left or right.

see screen shot below:

untitled.JPG

orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Please check the Axes Tab

See what is the possition value for both expressions.

One should be right and the other left.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, I did what you suggested jet, but it doesn't work, so I post the qw file in attach.

Sincerly, I don't like my solution so much, because I had to share the expression with and IF condition to set the values in different axes (and it isn't a good solution if the values of the expressions are not fixed).

Plus of this, It doesn't work well with the secondary axe .

If one of you can suggest a solution to set the Y values in different axes dynamically (not based on fixed values of the dimension) it will be appreciate.

Shrikant, you wrote that it's not a good practise to show both the axes if the Unit of Measure is same; I agree with you that is not very immediate to understand which line of the garph is associate to the first axe and to the second one: do you suggestion to make two chart about the same argument (yearly costs) or what else?

Thank you.

N.

Not applicable
Author

use this inline table in the script

CostType:

Load * inline [

_Cost Type, _Cost Type Flag

Energy, 1

Employee, 2

Shipping, 3

];

Create a variable

vCostType= pick([_Cost Type Flag], 'Energy','Employee', Shipping')

use this expression with in ur first expression of the chart and delete the other two

Sum({<CostType={=$(=$(vCostType))}>},Value)

Make a list box for the column :

[_Cost Type]

Make any selection in this box to see changes in your chart and enable 'Always one selected value' .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Very good.

Thank you very much.

N.