Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Showing random string out of dimensions

Hi everyone,

I am working on a study project to build a management dashboard for a school project.
I am far ahead of my classmates, because i find this very interesting to work on.

I am having some issues I can't solve myself. I have searched for common questions and i see them asked frequently but non of the solutions seem to solve my 'problem'.

I have a very small dataset to work with.

I have a table that looks like this:

ID          |     Value1     |    Value2

1                  ABCD          ABCD    

2                  ABCD          ABCD    

3                  ABCD          ABCD    

I need to show a random string out of those value colums like a quote in my dashboard.
These strings are a input field from a customer satisfaction research.
I need to show it something liek below:

"It took me almost an hour to reach an employee, I am not happy" (just some lame example)

I want it to show a random string out of my dataset everytime i reload it and when i click on the string it pops up the containing ID numer and further customer information.

I am very sory for my noob-isch question on this case, unfortunatly I cant figure out how to do this.

Best regards

Joerie
Student Business Intelligence

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
maxgro
MVP
MVP

see attachment

Not applicable
Author

Excelent, this is exactly what I am looking for.

Unfortunatly, when I try to duplicate this solution in my dashboard it only gives a '-' in my textbox. I dont get it.

Also, when i create a table to look at the contents of the dimensions and it also gives a '-'. When i try to show the contents in an expression it gives the strings it contains... I am confused.