Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Showing the error message whenever no records found

Hi,

In one of our pivot table we want to show "No records found for the selected date range" whenever there is no records found. If it possible to show this message without using the formula/expressions? Please help

11 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Untitled.png

1. Use the condition (record/field value count=0) as 'Calculation Condition'
  2. Select 'Calculation condition unfulfilled' in error message
  3. write your desired message
Anonymous
Not applicable

this may help you..

see the attachment

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I don't to use the same expression in the calculation to check whether the count is zero or not since expression is  complex and taking too much time since the data volume is more. Is there is anyway to the message when there is no records found.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank You! I tried it but it is not showing any message.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you just copy the same expression and paste in another place, qv doesn't re-calculate it but reuse the calculated value from cache (but is has to be exact match, refer :The QlikView Cache for maore info). Hence, you can use the same expression.

avinashelite

could you please share your file ..will check whats the issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you post a sample?

Kushal_Chawda

1) Create the text object on top of the chart with required message.

2) Set text object layer as Top & chart layer as Normal (See Layout tab)

2) Now put your calculation expression like below in Conditional (In layout tab of text object).

=if( YourExpression =0, 1,0)

So when condition is satisfied, text object will appear with message else text object will be hidden

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry I cannot attach QVW file due to security reasons. You may take any charts as an example try to show any message whenever no records exists for the selected date range.