Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Showing variances on dashboard with alternate states?

Hi Experts,

I am trying to calculate and display variances in one of the dashboard tab.

Variance of data compared between two different periods, also considering many other filters.

First, i thought to create two alternate states. And use two different charts(one chart for each state) to display the data.

And calculate and display a variance KPI which shows the difference of two alternate state values.

However, there are plenty other filters in the dashboard. If I use alternate state, I might end of creating all the filters like around 30 for each different state. Moreover, there are around 6 different tabs in the document which I want to be linked to the selections on the Variance tab. But it looks like a huge and messy task.

Just wondering if there are any better ideas in achieving this.

Thanks in advance.

Shyam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi shyamcharan,

You can calculate it with set analisys. I suggest that generate the set by variables, with parameters, you will only have one variable to use in all your variations.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi shyamcharan,

You can calculate it with set analisys. I suggest that generate the set by variables, with parameters, you will only have one variable to use in all your variations.

Kind regards

avinashelite

can you please share the sample data and the excepted results ??

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Thanks Manuel Capella. I have tested and I guess I am going to use variables to figure out the solution for my problem.

I found an example that meets my requirement in the below link.

Alternate States issue using same variable

Thanks again for your time and help. I appreciate it a lot.