Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Simple LOAD - taking too long ...

Hi,

I have an issue:

- In my current app, I have multiple ways of reloading the script (or parts of it) based on user_input on the GUI:

- I have two buttons, one for a full (regular) and one for a partial reload;

- These two are again split in two using conditional execution (a >> IF ... THEN << bracket)

=> Because I cannot simulate this (not without mayor "retooling" to be repeated every time, anyway), I use TRACE statements to tell which part of the code has been executed.

There is not much data in there yet, just a few records.

My issue is such: The LOAD itself is seemingly finished in a second, just like it should - at least the TRACE statement highlighting the end of it is displayed pretty quickly.

<=> But then it takes a while (from a few seconds to a few minutes) until the button "OK" becomes available.

Can you tell me what might be the reason for this? This app is eventually supposed to be like a database where multiple users will enter data in the qvd file.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

22 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

That is really cool!

Does that command copy the log_file or move it?

(Since I have a copy already in the >> DistributionService\1\log << folder, I don't want another copy, I'd want to move the file)

Is that also possible?

marcus_sommer

This is copy. I haven't tried it with move but it shouldn't be work because the load isn't complete finished (only nearby) and qv and/or the filesystem will lock the file. For this you need an from load independent external routine, maybe in a qvw as last server-task which runs per filelist through all your qv folder and moved it to your target folder(s).

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Right. Moving wouldn't work from inside the app itself - not for the log_file anyway. It might work with the other files (that Shared and Meta file), but well, I have other things to focus on for now.

Thanks a lot!