Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nerimera
Contributor
Contributor

Simple count results do not match

Ciao Community,

I have tried several ideas from other question on my own problem but cant get the result right.

I want to count the number of orderlines that show unaligned delivery dates.

- when field Delivery Date Difference is >0

- when field Delivery Date Difference is <0

- sum of both (65 is correct)

Delivery Dat Difference = 0 is excluded from filter, all calculation formulas are done in data loading.

I wonder if I made a mistake in my calculation formula during Load because when I send my data to excel all negative numbers only show ## and the positive ones dont seem to show the number of days, but time format?

There must be something wrong in my understanding of how to manage the data.

Can somebody help?

Thank you very much & kind regards

Neri

CountOderLines_Qlik_201026.jpg

Labels (4)
6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

it seems as  the DelDiffLogSal seems to have some issue. as you want just days

try replace it will just SalesDeliver-LogDelivery as DelDiffLogSale,

if those columns have time also i would floor them and the do the subtraction

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

can  you try this?

count( {$<Del = {“<0”}>} distinct Orderline)

or

count( {$<Del = {“>0”}>} distinct Orderline)

Nerimera
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Ciao,

thanks for you suggestion.

I got the same result which first confused me but actually helped me understand that I just lacked understanding of my data. I got now how to do the count.

Nerimera
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

thanks. I used the floor function for all dates. However, in excel this hasnt brought on any change.

Negative number show ### wih the correct number in the formula bar and positive numbers shows as time.

Did I use it correctly?

Nerimera_0-1603792901644.png

Nerimera_1-1603792982836.png

marcus_sommer

Excel is with the standard-settings not capable of handling negative times. Usually it's not recommended to change this setting because it's a global user-setting - means it will apply within all excel-files and it has further side-effects which you should be aware of.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So using the Fabs() function may do the trick if you do not need the negative?  Just wanted to toss this out there:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/GeneralNu...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.