Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

'Simple' increase/decrease calculation in textbox

Hi all,

I wish to have a text box expression which counts a field (enq_Id) based on a varying week class.(either Current Week or Week-1)

This is currently working where it count all Enquiries recieved in the current week

='Enquiries:'&num(COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id)))

but I also wish to display the previous weeks result and the increase or decrease between current week and week -1.

I have tried various variations on the following

='Enquiries:'&num(COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id))) & if (num(sum(COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week',Enq_Id) -COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Week-1',Enq_Id,' enq INCREASE ',' enq DECREASE ')&'on prior week'

I cannot get the increase/decrease calculation to work no matter how much I adjust the syntax.
Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

i rewrote your expression.

Please, try this:

='Enquiries:'&num(COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id))) & chr(10) &
if ( COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id)) -COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Week-1'),Enq_Id)) >0,' Enq increased ',
if ( COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id)) -COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Week-1'),Enq_Id)) <0,' Enq decreased ', ' Enq is the same ' ))

&'compared to the previous week'

Tell me if it works for you.

Rgds,

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

i rewrote your expression.

Please, try this:

='Enquiries:'&num(COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id))) & chr(10) &
if ( COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id)) -COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Week-1'),Enq_Id)) >0,' Enq increased ',
if ( COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Current Week'),Enq_Id)) -COUNT(if(Week_Class=('Week-1'),Enq_Id)) <0,' Enq decreased ', ' Enq is the same ' ))

&'compared to the previous week'

Tell me if it works for you.

Rgds,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Erich, it does work.

Much appreciated.

Matt