Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

?Simple? visualization issue - visibility

Hi,

my issue is seemingly very simple: I have a listbox which is in a state different from the default one - and I want to make the visibility of this listbox dependent on the selection of one specific value in another listbox which is in the default state.

For some reason, the expression - it is quite simple, using INDEX(Getfieldselections()) works fine in a textbox - but the listbox does not react to this. I haven't accidentally pressed Ctrl+Shift+S to make all objects visible, either - there is a helptext which then covers about evrything, I tried that out, too.

What is the matter here?`

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

now I have it - concat() - is an aggregation function which means I can use set_analysis, which means I can specify the default >> $ << 😉 Now it seems to be working.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Ah - I think I know why - I just set the textbox testing that expression in another state just to try it out, and it doesn't work anymore.

I know that I can explicitly query a field in a certain state - but what is the english term for the "inherited" state - it is not "inherited" ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Strange - this (well, it's Getselectedcount(), but the same construct) is in another tab of the same app - but there, the state is a specific one - it is being referred to in the function and that works fine.

It would be somewhat  awkward if I had to introduce a new state for the sole purpose of being able to query it ... or I could put those two listboxes I have in the same state that the new listbox is in. It would still be kind of awkward - but if it works ...

Or I could just create a white textbox, blending in with the background, and shove that over the listbox so that is covered when the corresponding value is NOT selected ...

Well, the most elegant solution would be to query the default state (that "inherited") which all objects are in by default.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

now I have it - concat() - is an aggregation function which means I can use set_analysis, which means I can specify the default >> $ << 😉 Now it seems to be working.