Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kunalpatil119
Contributor II
Contributor II

Single user opening Same document on multiple sessions via Access Point

Currently -> 1 Document can be opened on multiple sessions for same user(Single User)

Can we achieve-->  1 Document can be opened Only on one session for same user. Is this possible?

Current scenario is that user is logged in with his credentials. He opens one dashboard and verifies one tab and again on another session he opens same dashboard and verifies another tab.

So can we restrict user in below way:

suppose user logged in and checking one Dashboard/Document . At the same time suppose he opens other session an opens same Dashboard/Document ,then it should not happen, or message such as Document/Dashboard already opened should get displayed? Is this possible?

suppose user logged in and checking one Dashboard/Document . At the same time suppose he opens other session an opens Different Dashboard/Document ,then it should happen

In Short :

Single user One session one document --> Allow

Single user more than one session one document --> Not Allow.

Single user more than one session different documents --> Allow.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not possible, you would need to check the Ideas area of Community and post it there if you want to see this functionality considered for a future release:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not possible, you would need to check the Ideas area of Community and post it there if you want to see this functionality considered for a future release:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.