Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider Properties - "Variable"?

Hi

I am using Slider/Calendar Object Properties for one the report development.

My DataSource is an Excel. From Slider Properties i am using "Field" Data.

The Field will be "AVERAGE AMOUNT". The Values starts from 17, 51, 83, 276, 1220, ......., 6750.

My values in slider are displaying 1000, 2000, 3000,......

My requirement is - I have to display the slider as given below:

Slider.png

As i have selected the field. I am not able to achieve the slider as preferred. How to get the output when Field is selected?

OR

Do i have to use "Variable" to get the preferred output?

If so, How to work on "Variable"?

Thank You.

11 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

When using "Field" the slider will scale depending on the maximum and minimum values within the Field. If you need to use a custom scale, say for example, to be used in a "what if" analysis, then you do need to use a variable.

First, create a variable, say vModifier in the Settings menu, Variable Overview. Then create a slider object using this variable, and set the Min value to "-20" and Max value to "20", and fix the static step to 5 (so when you slide, the value will increase or decrease by 5 units).

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vinod, you need to create a variable. See the attachment.

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Miguel.

There is a change in the requirement. The values in slider should be static values as shown in fig below:

Slider.png

I have to create the variable in such a way that, when i increase the slider to 20 - the revenue should increase by 20% and the value in chart should change accordingly.

Say, Revenue = 5000 FY 2012

When the Slider is pushed to 20 - It should increase the revenue by 20%

Thank You.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Just modify the expression in the chart to be multiplied by the value in the variable. Check the attached app just in case.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

As i am using QV 11 Personal Edition. I will not be able to open the qvw file.

Can you please explain me in the Post?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Use the following example script with the same variable you have created above:

Data:

LOAD Chr(64 + Ceil(Rand() * 3)) AS ID,

Ceil(Rand() * 1000) AS Amount

AUTOGENERATE 10;

Now create a new chart, type straight table with the ID as dimension and this as expression:

Sum(Amount * (1 + (vModifier / 100)))

When you now slide between values, the values shown in the chart will vary accordingly.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your immediate response. I am really sorry Miguel, i am very much new to this tool. Just few days back i started uisng this tool.

The script which you have given, where should i use?

In the "Variable Overview"?

I have to create a slider with static values. How to achieve this? 

Slider.png

Can you please guide me step by step?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Vinod,

I mentioned the process in my previous post above: go to the Settings menu, click on the Variable Overview option (or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + V) and there add a new value named vModifier.

Then right click on any empty area of the sheet, create a new object, slider/calendar, select input type slider, and select data from variable vModifier. In that same dialog, set the min value to 0 and the max to 100 and fix the static step to 10.

When all this has been completed, go to the Script Editor (Ctrl + E) and add the script code I pasted above.

Do not hesitate to use the Training section in the QlikView portal, where you will find some good free basic training on how to use QlikView and the tool. Do likewise with the documentation package in the Downloads section, that will install some tutorial and example files and Reference Manuals.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your Miguel.

I have some restirctions in company policy for downloading and looking into streaming video.

Just refering to few docs which i have.

I will follow up with the tutorial, example files and Reference Manuals.

Thanks once again for your valuable input.