Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Slider object that picks different bookmarks

I'm wondering if there is a way to use a slider object to switch through different bookmark objects. I'd like to set it up so that you can toggle through the discrete options on the slider and different pre-set selections will be made. I realize that you could set up many buttons to do this, but the slider takes up less space and is a bit cooler.

So far, I've created a slider object and it can take discrete values 1 through 10. I've also created a variable vBookmark that will take values 1 through 10 based on slider. But I am stuck on how to change bookmarks based on the change in variable.

Thanks for help in advance!

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

look at the attach example

when you move the slider it changes between the bookmarks

the example use a trigger on the vBM variable which holds the selected  Bookmark ID

you can see the trigger in the document properties in the triggers tab

Not applicable
Author

This looks very promising. Thanks! A few questions though....

When I click on Properties and go to Triggers tab, I see 6 Object IDs listed. When I click on each of them and try clicking on either "Add Actions.." button, the menus are blank - no triggers.

I'm not sure how to copy this into my document. What would you do to add a 4th bookmark, for example?

Also, after working a few times, the functionality eventually stopped. I tried recreating the error, but can't.

Thanks again for your help