cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II

Sort Pivot Table on Expression

Through working on a different thread, came up with attached, which contains a Pivot Table that has 2 dimensions and 2 expressions.

The expressions use Rank to either display a count (and rank), or zero (which then is used to suppress rows).

How can this be sorted by the "RCA_WISE" column, in descending order?  I've tried so many different methods and nothing seems to work.  Is this even possible when using the Rank function?

It seems logical that an expression sort on the 2nd dimension would work, but I can't figure it out.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try first setting the sort order of DISP_CATEGORY to text Z->A and then enable sort by Y-Value Descending.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is this what you want to create?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try first setting the sort order of DISP_CATEGORY to text Z->A and then enable sort by Y-Value Descending.

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Nice, that looks perfect!  Wasn't even aware of the dual function.  I'll have to take a closer look and try to understand it more.  Appreciate the quick response!

jzimolong
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That works as well, and no changes necessary to the dimensions, etc.  Never would have come across that solution.  Many thanks!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nice trick. It had me scratching my head for some minutes

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The second Dim is now a kombination of Dim1 and Dim2. So it can be sortet individual in ech Dim1 block. Dual is a number with text representation, different Number can have the same Text. So the number value is fieldindex(Dim1)*[Number to shift it to the left]+ fieldindex(Dim2)  =>num(fieldindex(Dim1)[000..]fieldindex(Dim2))

The Text repesentation is the text of Dim2.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, I don't know why it works like that. I suspect it's a bug and that means it could work differently in future versions of Qlikview. But as long as you don't mind a bit of Q-fu-do....