Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khajafareed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorting Issue in Straight Table?

Hi All,

I have 400 plus Dimensions in my Straight Table. I am facing sorting issue in Straight Table, Sorting in the sense columns are not getting arranged in chart according to my selection.

Suppose i have dimension like Country, Address Line1, CSO Item Key, etc., If i select Country then CSO Item Key later Address Line1 Then i have to get result in Chart as i select but i am not getting respectively as my selections.

Please help me in this case.

Thanks,

Khaja Fareed

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

More as 400 dimensions in one object, even in one application - are you sure that you really choose those dimension for your selections which you are supposed to? Further you could have set analysis and/or alternate states within your objects which would influence the selection.

Honestly - I would rethink the whole application if there are not better and easier ways to reach your aims. Maybe you used at first the document analyzer which fields are really used: Document Analyzer V2 -- a major update.

- Marcus

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Realy? 400 dimensions?? are you sure?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think 400 dimension in a straight table can do many problem.

Reanalyze the application.

Best regards.

khajafareed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yup Guys, I have really 400 plus, any solution for this. Forget about 400 if there are are 15 to 20 dimensions how we can do sorting according to our selection.

Kushal_Chawda

can you share your sample app reducing data?

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if it's the attempt worth to sort the straight-table in consideration from the order of user-selections then a column could be simply sorted by a double-click on the column-header. For anything else you would need quite complicated sort-expressions which queries each time the current-selection and compared it with the previous current selection and some things more. With many from such sort-expressions your table will be perform quite slow.

I couldn't see a real added value.

- Marcus

khajafareed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

tt.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if it's clear what your issue is.

Seems like you are using conditional dimensions and you want to promote / demote dimensions in the order they are selected in your dialog?

Or are you talking about the order of lines?

khajafareed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yup, absolutely i am using conditional dimensions. My issue is order of columns in straight table should be according to my selection.

Thanks,