Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting by Year and Month

Hi,

My data set contains calendar data with the following format YYYY-MM. For some reason the charts I'm creating are not sorting by date. it starts with 2016 but then there's a 2015 bar right in the middle of 2016. Any idea? The filter I've added is sorting properly, so I'm not sure why the graph isn't doing the same.

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's impossible to tell with the information you provide. The calendar data is that a table you are generating in your load-script? Is this a master-calendar? Could you show us some screenshots or upload a sample app that demonstrates your problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for responding, screenshots below.

As you can see Qlik is automatically applying the calendar script to the "ValueDate" and "BookDate" fields. What I really want is the "ValueDateMonth" and "BookDateMonth" to be the dates I use

The above screenshot is the automated calendar script I believe. Again, the format of "ValueDateMonth" and "BookDateMonth" is "YYYY-MM".

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

screenshot of the chart is below

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A sample application would be better - I can't determine whether the source dates are really interpreted as real dates by what you show. And not knowing which fields you use in your chart for dimensions it is hard to know what could be "wrong" ...