Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorting of Pivot Table Dimension based on Expression.

Hi,

I have a question regarding a sorting of pivot table based on dimension.I have read almost all the Q&A in this community related to this question but my case is little different.

I have a dimension level wise like in hierarchy structure Node1,Node2,Node3..etc

Dimension should be sorted based expression(Numeric value) but blue highlighted dimension is behaving differently as it is comes in between 2,3 and 4.

I have attached a sample QVW along with this.

Capture.JPG

Capture_1.JPG

Note :I think its sorting based on dimension values Numeric value.

Thanks in Advance

6 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

What do you expect to see?? both 13/AA and 12/AA nodes are present in both Node 4 and Node 5 to me it looks correct

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes but both 13/AA and 12/AA should come below 4th and 5th level respectively not in between row.Since it has same Node Id's(but different level) it is coming in between.

marcus_sommer

I think it could be helpful to use a dual-dimension for it - I mean to create them within the script per:

dual(Nodes, Depth) as Nodes

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry ,I have tried in script level also but still its giving a same result no change in the sorting order.

marcus_sommer

Are there not too many nodes you could sort them manually - maybe by exporting them to excel and there sorting and filtering them and then loading this sorted list within qlik before you load the nodes from a fact/dimension-table. After them you could drop this table and use then sorting to load-order within your table.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have tried a sorting method from script level it is not giving a result as expected.If we have two values in different node level its affecting a sorting order.

And If you have any idea can you able to post any sample data.

Thanks in advance