Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Special Select

Hello, 

I have an interesting scenario that I am trying to find a solution to. Maybe it is already been discussed, but I did not find it and so posting here. 

Scenario: In the database I have this table of what SKUs are consisted in what Box: 

Box SKU
A1, 2, 3
2, 3, 4
C3, 4, 5
D

6, 7, 8

Outcome: I should be able to show different Boxes based on my SKU selection.

SKU SelectionExpected Result
1A
3A, B, C
1, 2A, B
6, 7, 8D

Basically I am looking for a way to select a SKU to show all the combinations of that SKU (Tough to put it in words for me). Hopefully I am explaining that in the example above little more clearly 😛 

Appreciate your time. 

Thanks,
~Himanhsu 

@Miguel

Labels (3)
4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, maybe loading each Box and SKU combination in a difffernt row, so you can selct any value you want and keep the relations of those values.

This can be done with Subfield without 3rd parameter:

LOAD Box,
  Subfield(SKU, ',') as SKU
From/Resident...

For the expected result you can use concat:

Concat(Distinct Box)
hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. But the question is- which I should have mentioned in the original post- I am trying to avoid to run the query wide open for ALL the Boxes. There may be other BOXes in the database that may have SKUs 12, 13, 14, 15, etc. I am trying to exclude such BOXes that dont contain a single SKU that is needed for analysis. 

Let me know if I am not making sense 😞 

~Himanshu

YJ_SG
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can try rebuild table as following

Box, SKU

A,1

A,2

A,3

B,2

B,3

B,4 ........

Choose 1, show A. Choose 2, show A,B

rubenmarin

Hi, I don't have a clear undertanding of what is needed. You are already retrieving all the data you need? Or you want some way to filter the querys to database?