Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Specific QVDs not refreshing during reload

We have a QlikView QVW doc which updates a few dozen different QVDs. They are all straightforward extractions for QlikView: for each QVD, the SQL selects a SQLServer function which populates a table, instructs QlikView to store the table results in a named QVD, and then drops the table. This is set up as a daily job, and runs with no errors.

Our issue is that not all the QVDs are refreshing when this QVW doc is run. The functions are fine, the SQL is fine -- in fact, when we create a doc that has just the connection and a single STORE to QVD section, the "problem" QVD updates with no issues.

We tried enabling logging on the QVW document, but the log just shows that the QVW ran successfully, with no additional information.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to research what's happening?

Thanks very much.

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The script log should show each statement getting executed. Are you sure you are looking at the correct log?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Perhaps not. I'm looking at the log for the task, under "Status" on Management Console. I searched the log for "error", "fail", and "success", and only found references to "success".

Thank you for the pointer. I will try to locate the scripting log.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If the task was run from the QMC, the log will be in

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Distribution Service\n\Log\YYYYMMDD\hhmm taskname\DocumentLog.txt

-Rob